Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Remember Hawaii?

Of all the really great parenting moments I have had in my life, why is it that my kids seem to remember my insane moments?  One curse word while driving, charging a neighbor after he cut down a tree on our property while shouting, "You're a  punk!", forgetting to tell my son hermit crabs need food and water to survive, barricading the kitchen until their rooms were clean, shouting at them that I didn't care if little green martians came down from Mars and crapped in the car, they had to clean it up.  What about the really cool red cowboy hat I bought daughter number 1 even though she didn't deserve it (and she only wore once - just saying), or the voice, piano, guitar, trumpet, flute lessons I got for them, or teaching them how to drive (while putting my own safety at risk), or the hours of watching them perform sports and music, or the really cool family vacations we took them on, and all the while photographing said events (really that part was for me - you know, proof).  Since they don't seem to remember the cool stuff anyway, I have decided to start making stuff up.  I'm going to tell them we've all been to Hawaii.  I'll pull some pictures off the internet and photoshop our faces in, print them, put them in an album and casually say, "Hey, remember when we went to Hawaii?  Wasn't that really fun?  Your dad and I are awesome parents."   I'll show them pictures and say stuff like, "Remember that good pizza place we went to?" or "Remember the gnarly waves?"  What do you think?   I bet I can convince at least one of them to think they've actually been to Hawaii . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! A bedtime story at last!!! Just saying...And I remember when you took them to Hawaii, lol!
We leave tomorrow for OBX! All THREE of us:) Love you!

Life Adapted said...

Hahaha - lol - hee-hee, wait, who is this?

jk - have fun, love you too.

Indian Lake Papa said...

ALOHA Friend!! Maybe you can work mama & papa into one of those pictures!

Life Adapted said...

Papa, you and mama were with us! Remember? We climbed a mountain and ate at that fancy place.

I love and miss you both dearly.

Indian Lake Papa said...

I do remember! You were the couple with big noses and both wearing mustaches!

Life Adapted said...

No, I think that was Alaska! Remember?

I sure do miss you. Our son is now down in Florida (close to you) so we will need to plan a visit to see him and you and mama. How is everyone?

Be blessed dear one.

Indian Lake Papa said...

We are fine - almost! Fighting colds. I am somewhat better today, so is mama. Really miss you folks! Wish you would SKYPE or do Facebook! (smile) Hopefully will see you in Florida this winter!!

Life Adapted said...

Sorry you have colds :( we will pray you get better soon. We are away for a little while, I will call you when we get back and we will set up a skype date! How's mama's brother?