Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Season

This is the last of my strawberries for the season.  It's not even July, yet their time to produce fruit has passed.  I have enjoyed them thoroughly!  It occurs to me that much of life is like the short growing season of strawberries.  The older I get, the shorter seasons seem to be.  I am trying to remember to enjoy each season as it is happening and not spend time in the past or the future.  Just to be present to what is in season now and to enjoy it to the fullest.  And even if the present is not producing an abundance of  ripe fruit, I am consciously seeking all the bits of sweetness that are available now, today.  What does it benefit me to worry about tomorrow?  Doesn't  Jesus tell us not to worry about tomorrow (Matthew 6:25-34)?  So for today, I will seek the joy and the sweet peace that a present mind feels.  And when I look back, I will see a  mind that rested each day on the joys of that particular season. 

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

2 comments:

R.M. Jackson said...

Timely post.... There go those strawberries again. :D

Life Adapted said...

Thanks Ruth! Peace to you and yours.