Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm Not SAD

It's beautiful outside today in New Jersey. It's just about 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Most of the leaves have fallen so there is nothing to stop the Sun from shining on you. I read that many people suffer with seasonal depression, called SAD. This is from a lack of sunshine and the many benefits the Sun provides. With shortened days and less UV rays, our bodies can react in a negative way. This article said that if you wanted to soak up enough sunshine to avoid seasonal depression and to obtain the right amount of Vitamin D, you need to expose 70% of your body to the Sun for 20 twenty minutes a day. Since I'm in favor of obtaining Vitamin D naturally and not a fan of depression I decided to take a walk today . . . in my bathing suit . . . okay, not really . . . but I did walk with my face towards the Sun. What this article failed to mention was that exposing 70% of your body to the Sun each day may have the opposite affect on nosey neighbors and neighborhood children. Plus, if I had to look at myself in a bathing suit every day, all winter, I may become suicidal . . . okay, not really . . . but SAD wouldn't cover my feelings. However, have you ever noticed how darn happy those folks in the Polar Bear Club are?

4 comments:

:)De said...

LOL! I guess I better pick up some extra Vitamin D to get me through the rest of winter. Does is store well? ~Smile~

Peace

Indian Lake Papa said...

LOL !! No SAD here!! Saturday was a great day - went for 3 hour trail ride!! What a beautiful day!!

Life Adapted said...

:)De - Not fair, you get to soak up all that Sun on vacation. I do know you can store up some peace and when the kids are driving you crazy at home and the phone is ringing off the hook, all you have to do is close your eyes and remember your trip. Be ever so blessed.

Life Adapted said...

Please tell me Papa, that you were wearing more than just a bathing suit! :)