Saturday, June 2, 2012

El Niño / Hombre

I began this post a few weeks ago, but abandoned it to take care of more pressing issues:  I am updating it by saying, "Mi hijo no es estupido."

The boy is failing Spanish I (really? Spanish I!), which means he may not graduate, which puts his Air Force ROTC scholarship in jeopardy.   His teacher sent a notice home saying he had a 46!  The boy claimed his teacher made a mistake.  But I wasn't buying it or taking any chances.  We took his car and his phone away.  I said, "Madre no es estupido!"  Apparently, the teacher really did make a mistake, she transposed the numbers, so his grade was actually a 64!  Still failing Hijo!  After talking back and forth to his teacher, who, by the way, thought it was amusing that we would take his car away for a 46 and assumed we'd give it back for the 64 (wrong), she was going to allow him to do makeup work.  My son had to write out sentences in Spanish.  He wrote, "Mi madre es muy antigua." and "Mi padre no tiene pelo."   I said, "Mi hijo, Estupido, I am not very old!  And Dad has some hair."  He said, "I don't know any other words."  So I said, "How about, 'mi madre es muy hermosa'?"  He said,  "No, I think I'll stick with the words I know."  Well, the boy, mi hijo, he passed Spanish and he will graduate tomorrow.  A family friend, who is currently serving in the Military, will be there to present the boy (maybe I shouldn't call him that anymore) with his diploma and his Air Force ROTC scholarship at the graduation ceremony.  Crees que la madre va a llorarY el padre estar orgullosos

5 comments:

Carolyn Watson-Dubisch said...

¡Felicidades a tu hijo!

Life Adapted said...

Muchas gracias! So glad you stopped by!

Be blessed.

:)De said...

Me gusta tu estilo! ¡Paz!

Life Adapted said...

Thank you :)De, I like yours too!

Be blessed dear one!

Indian Lake Papa said...

I can't even pass English! Sheeesh, we "boys" have other priorities ya know! It just tain't fair!