Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Bigger Picture, The End

Of course!  Edgar, the nice mechanic from Puerto Rico would drive me to the school!  No detours to the Funeral Parlor this time.  I am seriously willing to jog the 13 miles to my daughter's school in hot, humid Florida weather at this point.  I am anxious to get to see her off on her trip.  The night before, my daughter and I could not find the clothes she set aside to wear to the airport.  We looked in my room at the place I was staying, in the car, in her neatly packed suitcase, in her carry-on bag and we were getting ready to check the dumpster when I noticed a bag on the floor of her dorm room, next to her computer.  Yup, her clothes were set down right next to her "where she wouldn't lose them".  I am thinking that if I don't get to the school before she leaves, who knows what else my daughter may misplace or forget!  I get into the truck and Edgar has a sheepish grin on his face.  He says, "Guess where I am going?"  I say, "To the school!"  He says, "No, guess where I am going?"  I'm thinking, he better be going to the school or I'll have a heart attack on the spot!  So, I say, "To my daughter's school, right?."  I see he is smiling and I guess he may be trying to make a joke about the Funeral Parlor, so I said, "Not to the Funeral Parlor again, right?."  He sees I don't understand what he is saying so he speaks louder and slower, he says, "Guess.  where.  I.  am.  going.  in August?"  Now, I am so wrapped up in the events of my own life and the life of my daughter, I frankly didn't  much care where Edgar was going in August.  I am sitting in the passenger seat, pushing an imaginary gas pedal to the floor, leaning on the dashboard, trying to get the truck to move a bit faster.  I politely say, "I have no guesses, Edgar, where are you going in August?"  He smiles broad and answers proudly, "To see my son in Puerto Rico.  I made reservations to see him.  I am going to Puerto Rico in August."  I understand now.  He took to heart what I said about a boy needing his father.  It was a casual statement on my part, but God uses everything!  Broken a/c, a feeble attempt by the enemy to thwart plans with a broken brake line, Christian radio, even my impatience; He uses for His good. Four days later when I am back in NJ, on Mother's Day, I received a text message from Edgar wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.  What God allows, He uses.  The End or Amen.

2 comments:

Parsley said...

Nice!

:)De said...

I love a good God story! I love how He lays out this beautiful path laces with flowers and pretties and all we have to do is walk His ordered steps. Paying for the ministry of the team and safe return.

Peace!