Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My New Sewing Room

I am a terrible liar. I laugh when I lie. And I usually laugh when someone accuses me of lying, which of course, only makes me look guilty. My kids know that my "tell" is laughing. We have a friend who repeatedly nibbles at his lower lip when he lies, it's his "tell". He just doesn't try to lie to us anymore, which of course, is a good thing. It is surprising when I can prank one of my kids, because I usually start laughing the second they come into the room. They say, "What are you up to?" Which only makes me laugh harder. It's pathetic really. So, when I told my middle daughter who is going away to college (boohoo - all the way to Florida) that I was turning her room into a sewing room and I didn't even crack a smile, she believed me. She was very insulted that I already had plans for her room before she was even out the door. But I immediately felt bad that she felt bad so I confessed it was a joke and I started to laugh. She didn't believe me that it was a joke. You see, I didn't laugh when I lied, which I usually do, and then I did laugh when I told her the truth, which I don't usually do, so she thinks I'm turning her room into a sewing room when she leaves. Every time I tell her I'm not going to, I laugh, which makes me look guilty. . . I don't know why I laugh, I can't help it. Maybe I'm lying to myself and I really am going to turn her room into a sewing room . . . hahahaha . . . just . . . hahaha . . . kidding . . . hahaha . . . honey. . . hahahaha . . .

No comments: