Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary




Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With Monster sunflowers!! I never understood why Mary was so contrary. Her garden grew well. She had someone care enough about her to ask her how her garden grew. She even had silver bells. What more did Mary need? Sheesh! My garden, as you can see, is growing quite well. My daughter is about 5 and 1/2 feet tall and the sunflowers tower over her. My watermelons are quite delicious and I have more tomatoes than I can handle. The green beans must be close cousins to Jack's magic beans because they are also giant. All these, plus some pepper plants, were planted in our community garden plot. Through the hard work of a very dedicated and loving family, a community is growing together. Literally. Naturally, we have the best plot, not because our garden is better than anyone else's (actually far from it), just because we are right next to the water spigot. Location, location, location. I have been tricking my kids all summer. I say, "Will you come with me to the store, I'll get you a milkshake on the way home?" They say, "Okay." And when they are belted in and we are driving down the street, I say, "Oh, I have to stop at the garden first." (hee-hee) Sometimes they are quite contrary. . .

No comments: