Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Laugh With Your Family, Not At Them

I am very sad after reading some excerpts from a newly published book. It's written by a wife and mother of three. They all live a healthy and relatively wealthy existence. What made me so sad was that the whole book was one long whine about her family. She makes fun of them on every page, in a mocking manner. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the complaining I have done over the years about my family. I never want to sound like this woman does. I think my life is full of humor because of my family and I hope that what I share with you all is taken at face value. I love my family; my husband and my children mean the world to me. Without them I would be empty. For every dish I clean, for every sticky counter I wipe, for every hair I pull out of the drain, for every roll of toilet paper I must replace, for every dinner I cook, for every vacuum cleaner bag I change, for every smudged window I wipe, for every toilet I clean, for every article of clothing I don't get to buy so I can buy something for my children, for every load of laundry I do (actually hubby does laundry- boy, do I love that man), for every bed I change, for every cent I spend on food, for every finger print I clean off my walls (yes, I do wash my walls), for every greasy phone I pick up after the kids. . . I thank my dear Lord. I thank Him for entrusting me with these precious jewels (diamonds in the rough as they may be). I thank Him for the comedy that is this messy life of mine and pray I always have someone to pick up, clean up after, cook for and most importantly, laugh with.

1 comment:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Family is so important - so precious. Cherish it LA, CHERISH IT! Mama is having her family reunion this coming week. As I tyPe this all her brothers and sister and her mom are out in the kitchen playing cards and having a blast! Mom is in the there playing, giving them a run for their money - she is 93! Her youngest child, mama's brother age 67, is fighting for his life and the prognosis is poor - his last family reunion here. All playing cards, laughing, fighting to win! God bless the family!