Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Politically Incorrect - Merry Christmas Rant

Merry Christmas! Can you believe that sometimes feelings are hurt when this is said or not said? I heard a dear Christian woman say, "I don't care what the cashier at Wal-Mart says to me, I am responding 'Merry Christmas' to them. Humph." A holiday greeting should be a greeting stated with love. Yes, folks, LOVE. Let's shout that from the roof tops with good ole' Saint Nick. LOVE. If someone does not want to be merry on Christmas, let it go. If someone wants to wish you a Happy Holiday, for pete's sake, let them. If someone says "Season's Greetings" on your Christmas card, accept the greeting with grace and with love. LOVE. No one can put a political correctness in my heart about Christmas. It is a holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, who I believe with all of my heart and soul, is my Lord and Savior and that makes me merry. Merry Christmas! Do I desire for others to share that merriment with me? Yes! How do I do that? I do it with love. LOVE. I wish them a Happy Holiday or Season's Greeting if that is what they want to hear. I don't push my Christmas agenda on them to make a point. It's all about the love. If, as Christians, we can't be kind hearted to others during a season of celebration, if we can't show love and tolerance, then how are we going to draw others close? How are we going to show the love of Jesus. Let's not make the greeting about us, let's make it about the love.

Wishing all of you a sincere Season's Greeting, a Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday, a message from my heart filled with love and blessings to you and yours.

4 comments:

Parsley said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I heard a wise person say 'When someone wishes you Happy Holidays, say THANK YOU and then ask, I celebrate Christmas. What holiday do you celebrate?'

I don't care what holiday greeting people wish me as long as it is kind.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Parsley! It is funny that people love to wish a happy holiday to each other, but refuse to admit that the holiday is, indeed, Christmas. : )

So good to hear from you.
Be ever so blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

One of my favorite persons on my blog, facebook or email is Ed. Ed is an atheist. We have both wished each other "Merry Christmas". If he were to greet me with "Happy Holidays" I would accept that and return the greeting the same - "Happy Holiday to you as well!" - Ed, mama and I have had a great friendship via the computer and consider our friendship important. that one word LA, is so very important - LOVE! God is working on Ed's heart, Ed knows the scriptures, he loves Christians - those that love him anyways.

Life Adapted said...

Papa, that's my point exactly! Ed needs to know the love of Christ through those who love Christ. What good is it to proclaim the name of Jesus but then respond in a way that is not showing love. You are a great example of Christian love. I love you and mama very much and I am proud to be called friend by you.