Friday, May 18, 2012

A Bigger Picture, Part II

Often we don't know that God has ordained a meeting, or in my case a whole series of events, until after the dust settles.  You don't get to see a bigger picture until you can step away and see it from a different perspective.  After a few trips to the storage unit, the department store, the dumpster, a short (wonderful!!) 2 hour trip to the beach, a very expensive dinner with friends on a marina with yachts (which were all empty btw, just saying), breakfasts served by a man who hated me for no reason that I can fathom - my daughter and I were exhausted.  She was preparing to go on an overseas missions trip for 3 weeks to work in tent communities serving African refugees.  It was a big task for us to move her out of her dorm the day after she completed her finals (all A's btw, just saying), shop and pack for her trip and load her car to drive 1,300 miles to New Jersey when she returns to Florida from overseas.  On top of all that, my daughter had training and the task of writing out workshops to teach the refugees.  Apparently, she was the only one on her team writing the workshops.  The night before my daughter is to leave there is a distant thunder storm.  We watch it from the sliding glass doors in her deserted dorm.  She is spending the night in her dorm with her roommate because they want to be on campus. My daughter is crying.  The training was tough, her team members are dumb, her dorm is empty, her nerves are shot.  I hated leaving her, but we both needed sleep.  It is raining as I drive away.  When I hit the brakes to stop my foot goes to the floor.  There are no brakes in her car.  I still cry when I praise God it was me driving that car and not my daughter.   When I make it to my room, I call my daughter.  She listens to what happens and tells me this: "At training tonight we were told that the enemy will do whatever he can to prevent us from doing God's work overseas. He told us that we will have car trouble and someone will lose their brakes."  We both cry ourselves to sleep . . . to be continued . . .

2 comments:

Parsley said...

It's a blessed thing to live long enough to actually feel and in some cases SEE how the hand of God works.

Life Adapted said...

True that!

Be blessed dear one.