Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Mother's Fruit

God's Word says that a good tree will bear good fruit while a bad tree will bear bad fruit.  The way you recognize a tree is by it's fruit.  If you plant a seed from the fruit of a good tree it will blossom.  However, sometimes, because of things out of the control of the tree (e.g., storms, worms and such), the fruit rots.  And it is only with great care that that tree will ever bear good fruit again.  Do you smell an analogy?  I was a piece of rotten fruit!  Who do you think nurtured me, with great care, to bear good fruit again?  Who do you think continued to love me in spite of the storms and worms and the stench of rotting fruit?  Where do you think I got my strength from?  Not from any sissy.  No, I got my strength from my Italian mother.  Italian mother's are the best of the best.  They love you until you want to scream and feed you until you want to burst.  They fatten you up and then tell you to lose weight.  They say don't talk back to me, but then want to know why you're not talking to them.  They don't tolerate bad behavior, but they love you anyway.  They can produce a great harvest from a bad seed.  They never say I told you so, but they don't need to, you know that they told you so!  It is with great honor and respect that I give a shout out to the best Italian mother I know, my mother.  If I am any good at all, it is to her credit.  If I bear good fruit, it is to her credit.  If I make a good meatball, it is to her credit. She works hard, loves deeply and, of course, cooks superbly.  Italian mother's are like no others.  Love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: