Thursday, April 23, 2009

On The Boy's Perspective

Our son stayed with our friends while we were away. I called him when we got to Florida and told him about our check-in situation at the resort. I assumed (big mistake on my part) that he shared the situation with my friend. (I knew she'd ask.) I stopped by her place when we got back to thank her for taking care of the boy and she asked, "How was the hotel?" I smiled and said, "He told you what happened, right?" She said, "When I asked all he said was that you got cookies." I'm like, "Really? Cookies? That's what he got from the conversation?" Figures. I have to tell the story myself. . .

. . . We pre-paid for our room at a very fine resort right on the east coast of Florida. Pre-paying got us a special rate in a King room with an ocean view. When we went to check-in the clerk said, "We don't have any King rooms with an ocean view, but I do have a double that overlooks the parking lot." I'm like, "No way, I didn't come all the way from NJ to look at a parking lot, we've got plenty of parking lots at home. I paid for a king room with an ocean view and that's what I want. I paid you in January!" The clerk was annoyed and clicking on her computer keyboard, rolling her eyes, sighing. I'm like, "I didn't come all the way from NJ to have someone roll their eyes and sigh at me, I get plenty of that at home." So, she says (with a tone, a roll of the eyes and a shake in that snippy little head), "Alright, I'll have to put you in the Penthouse." Well, alrighty then. So, yes, I had secretly ordered fresh baked cookies and fruit and a little love note for my husband and the hotel staff managed to find us in the penthouse to deliver them. Somehow, all the details, except the cookies, escaped my son. He told my friend, "Yeah, mom and dad got there okay and they're eating cookies." Yeah, eating cookies in the penthouse, looking at the ocean, in a suite, with two balconies and three picture windows. . .

2 comments:

:)De said...

Cookies and an upgrade! What a nice happening and there's nothing like a good eye-roll to make one feel at home. LOL! Welcome back!

:)De

Life Adapted said...

Thanks :)De! I understand that our kids will roll their eyes at us sometimes but I hope and pray they never do that to anyone else! I thought of that clerk - "What a brat!"

Smiles