Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Day God Said No

We helped a friend move yesterday. She has a big house, big furniture, big and beautiful and expensive possessions. So, when I was driving over there at 7:30 a.m., getting the donuts and coffee, I prayed, "Lord, I have seen Your angels at work before. For me and my family, for Nick, for the Scott's, at the soup kitchen, doing amazing things that are not humanly possible. So, Lord, send Your angels today and help us move J." I had this sense that God was saying to me, "Nope," and I didn't understand it. So, I arrived at J's and was setting up the coffee and looked around at what needed to get done and I prayed, "Oh Lord, send Your angels here today." Again, I had the sense that God was not going to honor my request and I didn't understand it. 15 minutes later another friend arrived and said, "Come outside, you have to see this!" This is what we saw. Trucks and vans pulling into the driveway with big strong men willing to do the work of an army of angels. 20 volunteers, 40 hands and 40 feet, showed up to help a dear friend in need of man power. God didn't need to send His angels, He did even better, He sent ordinary people to do an extraordinary task. It was a beautiful statement of love and support for a friend and obedience to God. It went so well that my husband and I were able to leave by noon to see our son play baseball. He was pitching his first game for the Varsity team. I love watching him pitch, but. . . it makes me so nervous . . . so, I began to pray, "God, send Your angels." For the second time that day, God told me no. You see, my son had earned the right to play without assistance, he was ready!! He pitched an awesome game, they won, I cried and all was right in the world..............

2 comments:

:)De said...

It's a reminder that God give 3 different answers and not just the "yes" that we often want.

Peace,

:)De

Life Adapted said...

:)De, thanks for saying that. My daughter and I were just saying today how some Christians have a skewed view of prayer.

Be blessed.