Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cat Adoption Highlights (is lowlights a word?)

For sure, this cat adoption project has been interesting. I made a commitment and you all know what our mamas taught us about commitments, you follow them through. Can't you just hear your mama's voice? "Well, you shouldn't have said yes if you weren't sure, but since you did, you have to see it through." Augh! yes, mommy. Here are a few highlights from my "commitment."
- I sorely failed at witnessing Christ to 2 people I knew needed it
- I began witnessing to Sylvia, but she and her husband are already believers, in fact, they adopted a cat with a fatal illness because of their Christ like spirit
- I should have witnessed to my co-workers because at least 3 of them took credit for cats that I adopted and thus stole my commission
- I complained because the shelter gave me the ugliest, oldest, fattest cat they had to show at an adoption. This cat, "Beefy," had jaw surgery so his mouth doesn't close, he has a runny eye, he's 15 and he sat in the corner of the crate shaking with fear
- I almost talked this man into adopting Beefy, but then he told me how his wife died, then his dog died and he wasn't sure he was ready yet. They died 15 years ago. I told him he wasn't ready for Beefy.
- I cried with a woman who had just dropped off her son at Basic Training and promised to pray for him, Joe
- I talked to a woman who lost her husband to cancer a few months ago. She has 9 cats and each one has a "unique" story (unique meaning very long), I listened to every story
- And the final insult, I asked my husband to come with me (which he did) and he got a man who wants to meet him at the shelter to look at cats together - go figure!
Mommy, can I quit yet?

No comments: