Friday, September 2, 2011

Hurricane Irene Miracle

Hurricane Irene hit our little burg in New Jersey. The exterior of our house was spared almost completely. A few tree branches sprinkled our property. One branch was rather large, but it did not damage a single thing. The trees needed pruning anyways and so, Irene saved me from hiring someone to do it. Leaves flew everywhere, but fortunately for us, leaves don't hurt anything. Somehow, though, Irene made her evil way into the boy's room. As you can see, it caused quite a whirlwind. Miraculously, the boy was unharmed. In fact, he slept right through it. The boy has assured me he'll get right on the clean up.

I hope you are all well (if you still bother to check my blog), and I have missed you dearly. Where was I anyway? Be blessed dear ones!

9 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Amazing he was not hurt! What a disaster! It looks like the storm took him right out of his jammies and left them on the bed! wow! How did he survive?

Life Adapted said...

It was a miracle, silly?

Thanks for always being my friend, I'll love you forever.

:)De said...

I have that same picture on my camera card from yesterday, only with a different sheet set!!! Irene must have had a stealthy wind that made it all the way inland to my state!

Don't you just love the cut up paper??? I usually find loads of it just mere inches from the trashcan which ironically does not have trash, but 1 tennis shoe, a hair brush and other useful things. Silly multipurposed trashcan.

Good to see you!

Indian Lake Papa said...

(HEART) U 2

Anonymous said...

Wow! How does he tell the clean from the dirty clothes? Gotta love him!
Someday we'll be saying, "Remember when he ________?" And it's coming faster than we know...fp

Anonymous said...

P.S. I've been checking your blog almost every night! By the way, does the boy know everyone is looking at his room?

Parsley said...

I'm in shock at my stupidity. It seems the hurricane hit us in my daughter's room as well...in OKLAHOMA!!

Life Adapted said...

It seems Irene was a national epidemic, affecting teens from all over, even as far as OKLAHOMA :)

Thank you dear ones for reading along.

(fp - the ones that don't smell bad are clean.)

Robin said...

We get hurricanes, tornadoes and the like in our neck of the woods too (or should I say in our house...). This too shall pass...