Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"I Ain't Letting No Chinese Dude Hold My Hand" - Part II

..."I don't know, Nancy...I'm not sure about a reflexology appointment," I said. "Come on friend. It's my treat, it'll be fun," she said. Reluctantly, I agreed to go. We drove to a little whole in the wall, in the next state. We walked in through hanging beads. All I could think was, "How many bodies have passed through these beads?" while looking for my hand sanitizer. This place specializes in messages, vegetarian dumplings (of all things) and Chinese herbs and teas. They also had a huge purple room set aside as a shrine to Buddha (who, by the way, does not have a healthy body image, just saying). Now I am thinking, "What have I gotten myself into!" 2 little Chinese men came out of the back and ask if we want our hands done too. I turned to Nancy and said, "I ain't letting no Chinese dude hold my hand. I only let my husband hold my hand." Nancy laughed. "You're silly," she said to me. To the Chinese men, she said, "Only the feet for my friend." Then, they directed us through more hanging beads (ewww) to the back and told us to go inside separate rooms. "Nuh-uh! I ain't going into a back room with anybody!" Nancy laughed. "You're silly," she said to me. To the Chinese men, she said, "My friend is chicken little." I'm thinking at this point, "Call me whatever you want, but I am putting my un-messaged foot down!" To be continued . . .

5 comments:

Parsley said...

You had me at 'hand sanitizer'.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Oh dear, I could do this for you and I even have hand sanitizer. Sorry, I don't do vegeterian dumplings - but I do grill a mean hot dog!

Mama and I are headed for Endicott, NY for 2 weeks to help w/disaster relief - we get there this Tuesday.

Life Adapted said...

Papa, check your email - maybe we can meet for dinner (and a foot massage)!!!

Indian Lake Papa said...

I will be sure to pack some good foot lotion and hand sanitizer!

Life Adapted said...

LOL!