Sunday, September 18, 2011

"I Ain't Letting No Chinese Dude Hold My Hand" - Conclusion

..."Sorry, Nancy, I don't go into back rooms and disrobe my feet for anybody. It's either out in the open or not at all," I said while digging my tired, un-pampered heels into the ground. "Okay, my chicken little friend, this is my treat to you. We'll do it your way," she replied. I whispered, "Stop calling me chicken little, they're vegetarians." Fast forward 10 minutes: we are now laying back in big cushy chairs, in the front of the parlor, where the receptionist answers the phones and folks come in to get their vegetarian dumplings and herbal teas. Nancy has her head back, is half asleep with her eyes closed and is moaning softly. I had my head back, but with only one eye closed. I kept sweeping the parlor, Nancy, the 2 little Chinese men, the receptionist and the variety of people coming and going with the open eye (just call me Jack Bauer). After 15 minutes, I was bored, so I started talking to Nancy. "Hey, Nance, at the Hershey Park Spa they dip your feet in warm chocolate. I think they dip your hands in warm chocolate too." She said, "Oh, have you been there?" I laughed, "Nancy, have I ever been to any spa??!!" We laughed and talked for the next 45 minutes. It was delightful, after all was said and done. I probably won't ever do something like that again, but I'm happy for the experience. When I came home, my husband asked, "So, how was it?" "Well," I replied, "I didn't let the Chinaman hold my hand." I expected him to question me, but instead, he gave me a peck on the cheek, a pat on the back and said, "That's my girl."

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Hee Hee - life is good LA!

Life Adapted said...

Yes, Papa, life is good and it's about to get better because I get to see you and Mama on Tuesday! Don't forget, you promised me a foot message :)

Indian Lake Papa said...

I'm sorry! I forgot the foot massage! Bummer! I could have used the t-shirt you wore to wipe off the extra lotion. We are back home now. All is well here. LA, you have no idea how much we enjoy our time with you guys! We were presently surprised that night when we got back to our room - we were not as wore out as we thought we might be. Next time, order no rain, eh?

Life Adapted said...

Papa, you and that lovely wife of yours (tell me again how you snatched her up), are a delight to our souls. We hit hail, rain, lightning, winds and fog on the way home. Yet, we smiled all the way. I'll get the foot massage next time ;)

Love and miss you!