Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Look Up


So, I have sat back and heard the news stories about Tim Tebow. I have heard some pretty sweet things about the guy and his faith. I have also heard some pretty harsh things about weather or not God cares about a football game. Even some Christians are saying that God does not care about football. But, why wouldn't God care? If we, mere humans, care enough to cheer our children on at competitive events (music, sports, debates, etc.), why wouldn't God, who is the ultimate Father, care about a football game. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?" Matthew 7:9 If Tim Tebow asked for a completed pass, why would God give him a stone instead? A request was made by a child of God (Tebow) who has been obedient to his Father (God) and His Father granted that request. If a quarterback who has been disobedient to God, asked for a completed pass, God may not be as likely to grant that request. Does God care about football? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:7 If God cares for the sparrows, will He not care for humans even more? I think so. How does God show Himself to us? Through the answering of our prayers, through signs and wonders and miracles. Was Tebow's win a miracle? Not really, but it sure makes us look up, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Parsley said...

Yep..and I'm always looking up and if I'm not I want friends around me that will help me look up. Go Tebow!

I'm changing things in my blogging. A new blog for my thoughts. The old one will have crafting only. Long story....

Email if you want the link.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Parsley, thanks for being a faithful reader of my blog. I agree, we need to surround ourselves with those who will encourage us to keep our focus on Christ. We live in a very negative society, we don't need any help to be down, so let's keep encouraging each other :)

Be blessed dear one.

:)De said...

Have I ever told you about the corn dogs? About a year ago, Jordan and I were talking ans she said off handidly, "Hey mom, I have a taste for a corn dog. Doesn't that sound good?" I agreed and that was that.

2 days later someone came to our home with a food donation that had lots of can goods, snacks and a box of frozen corn dogs!

Of course God cares abut football.... He gave my kid some corn dogs! ~Smile~

Life Adapted said...

:)De, I love that! Corn dogs from Heaven. God gives us the desires of our hearts, as long as our desires line up with HIS will, and I guess corn dogs are HIS will for some of us.

Thanks for sharing.

Love You!