Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward, Three Steps Sideways

As most of you know, I have worked for my husband for 23 years at our home office, 10 of those years I also homeschooled the kids. Then business got slow and the kids grew up (in spite of my constant protest), so I got a part-time job. One step forward. It was the perfect job. I used all my organization skills and parenting skills to minister to 12 dear women who are searching for Christ in an effort to be healed from addiction. I fell in love with each and every women. I felt honored to be there. What I did not know (as I was not told) was that the job required me to counsel the women, teach the classes, attend and record the staff meetings, attend the clinicals, work on holidays, write daily, weekly and monthly reports and evaluations, and supply all my own materials for part-time wages. Because of my love for the women, I did all that was expected of me at work (and very well I may add), plus cooked dinner, helped out in our home office, taxied the boy to and fro, cared for the puppy and then proceeded to get very sick. Two steps backward. So, I quit the job and took on more hours at our home office. I now volunteer my time with the women (the perfect solution), am working on a writing project and took on some hours at the local health food store. Three steps sideways. Where I'll end up, nobody knows!

3 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

That is scary - I did that 2 years ago at the shelter! We are two peas in a pod! I ended up just volunteering at "my time"! It is working much better. You did rIght - don't 2nd guess it.

Life Adapted said...

Thank you dear man for your encouragement. I do 2nd guess myself, but I know I am following God and that is the best I can do. You are right, it is a scary thing if I am a pea in a pod with you - heehee.

Indian Lake Papa said...

If we both had iPod's we would be two peas in a pod with our pods! It might be cramped in there! ha!