Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A "Loaves and Fish" Book Story

10 years ago the Pastor's wife gave me 2 books. I said, "What are these for?" She said, "God told me to give them to you." I looked down at them in my hand and said, "Thank you. But did you know they are written in a foreign language?" "Yes," she said, "it's Russian." Now, I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth nor do I like to disagree with God, so I graciously accepted them. I put them in a basket, in my kitchen, behind a bunch of stuff I don't use. About a year later, my daughter received a letter from Lena, a Russian girl who received a Christmas box from my daughter through Samaritan's Purse. My daughter and Lena became pen-pals. One day while going through my basket I came upon those books. One was библия and the other иисус. We learned these were a Bible and a book called Jesus. We excitedly wrapped up The Bible (библия) and sent it on to Lena. A few years later my daughter met a Russian boy named Vlad. She excitedly gave Vlad Jesus (иисус). A few years later a good friend of mine hired a young Romanian man, named Roma, who spoke Russian. My friend witnessed to him, but the language and culture barrier was difficult. If only I had one of those Russian books! Lo and behold иисус was in my basket! I gave it to my friend. Last month I met a Russian woman at work. She is struggling with addiction and needs Jesus. If only I had one of those Russian books! Lo and behold иисус was in my basket! So, we have given away 2 books, 4 times! The Russian woman cried an ocean of tears as I told her the story of the books and handed her Jesus. Someone asked me, "Do you think you'll ever find another one of those books in your basket?" I replied, "Yes, if I ever meet another Russian."

5 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Oh my, being obedient, trusting Jesus is so important. Even the "ridiculous" is so simple - if only we would trust him more.

Life Adapted said...

Amen Papa! I pray you are well. I love and miss you!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Praying all is going well!! We are doing very well!! Love u 2!! Miss U 2!!

:)De said...

Love, love, love this story. I can't wait to hear of you giving more away.

Peace!

Life Adapted said...

Awww, thank you :)De! I will "stop by" later. Be blessed dear one!