Saturday, March 21, 2009

M & M

Daughter number 1 has this. . .this. . .uh. . .quirky (for lack of a better word, which he'll be sure to point out) friend. He's very interesting, but I never know if he's "for real." Sometimes, I just don't "get" him. For instance, he came to the door one day and said, "Do you want to see my goats?" I'm thinking, "Is he for real?" He says, "They're in the car." So I said, "Oh, that's funny. I get it. I'll go out to see the 'goats' and my daughter will be like, where's my mother? And you'll be like, I don't know, she said something about going to see the goats in my car - pfft. And the two of you will get a big kick out of it. You can't make a fool out of me!" So, he's all like, "Hmm, I didn't realize you were so suspicious. But, I have to admit, that'd a been a good one." Okay, so this quirky friend of my daughter really did have goats in the car (who does that??) and I'm learning to "get" him a little better. Actually, just give him a cup of regular coffee at 10 pm and he'll talk up a storm. So, he was over last night and he asked (very boldly I may add) if we had a new New Year's alliteration for 2009. He was slightly amused by the "balance and boundaries" resolution that lasted for 3 years and down right giddy over the "healing and harmony" of last year. So, here's our 2009 New Year's resolution alliteration - I hope you like it quirky goat boy - "Manners and Meekness".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manners and meakness. Hmmm... Even when you feel like screaming really loudly in a crowded place? Really, I like the new M&M a lot......will try to live by it too.

Do goats and Christian Rap (Chrap) go together? Who combines those things? I'm a new fan of Ch-rap by the way after the performance I saw. Goats.....mmm...not so much.

Life Adapted said...

As long as you scream in a humble voice using only polite words, I guess you can scream in crowded place.

Poor quirky goat boy, won't live down the fact that he really did have goats in the car. He'll be pleased to know he won someone over to Ch-rap.

Thanks for always reading along. :)