Thursday, March 5, 2009

You Fail

My daughter is fond of telling me, "You fail." Humpf. . . I do not! When I didn't answer her email immediately she said, "You fail at answering my emails." And when I was late picking her up she said, "You fail at being on time." And when I burned the muffins, she said, "You fail at baking." So when she told me, "You fail at sending care packages," I said, "I do not!" Then she told me what other parents send their college students. "My friends get homemade cookies and brownies and potato chips and soda." Oh, okay, so maybe I do fail a little at sending care packages, because I did not send cookies, brownies, potato chips or soda. No, I sent her Lysol Wipes, vitamin C, green tea, whole-grain pretzels, natural granola bars, cheese, dried mangoes and two pairs of socks. In my defense, the granola bars had a layer of chocolate on them and the socks had cute little red hearts on them, with chubby little cupids . . . so . . . yeah . . . okay, I totally fail.........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Epic.

:-)

And you make me sound like such a brat! I am not that critical. *hurt look* It's an expression- if you're going to be on the internet you should learn to use it. ;-)

p.s. You don't fail at being a mom. <3 But really... cheese spread?

Life Adapted said...

Hi Honey, When I went to post this I was going to edit out everything but the p.s., but then I was afraid you'd say, "You fail at posting my comment!" heehee

Love you - see you later :)

R.M. Jackson said...

LOL! You definitely do not fail at being you... and that's a good thing. ;)

Indian Lake Papa said...

I'd like your care package! However, leave out the socks with hearts on them. Put an extra jar of cheese spread in there instead.

Life Adapted said...

Ruth - awwww,that's so sweet of you to say, thanks!

Papa, I'll tell you what I told my daughter - "You get what you get and you'll like it!" But really, the socks were adorable! :)

Indian Lake Papa said...

LA - hope to see you in MIchigan - I would wait until we get in MIchigan - the trailer there has a tandem axle and has a better view!

Life Adapted said...

Papa, You crack me up :)