Friday, June 11, 2010

In The Midst

Someone said, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to what happens." In other words, our attitude is what dictates how we handle life. I am sitting home right now instead of sitting at my daughter's high school graduation ceremony because I have a kidney stone that needs passing. Wouldn't want to pass it there . . . (my attitude stinks.)

Here is what I know. Deciding to do the right thing and have the right attitude is harder to do than just saying so. Not compromising your principles is easy until your principles are challenged. I can say all day long that I won't gossip and be very successful at it, until that is, the phone rings. I can say I will love all God's people and mean it with all my heart, until, someone speaks unkind to me. I can say I will not grow weary of doing good and then get so worn out I cry. When life is happening, when you're in the midst, how you react will be the truest measure of who you are; your character will shine through and people will take notice. If you do the right thing, if you walk close to God and follow His commands and live authentically, you will likely be hated by man. That's irony isn't it? People hate you when you follow God and hate you when you act like man. My daughter set her standards to God's word and in the midst she was true to Him. She made some enemies along the way, she even received hate mail (way to go honey). But in the end, she's walking at graduation with her principles in tact, her character strong and her attitude right. I'm so proud of her I could burst (and that's pretty much how my kidney feels, too!).

3 comments:

Parsley said...

Firstly, so sorry about the torture you are going through. Don't let it go too long. My BIL just had surgery from one that didn't pass on it's own. Trusting God for it's passing...

Secondly, this post is spot on and something I needed to hear. Thank you.

Life Adapted said...

Thanks for your prayers Parsley. And your welcome : )

Whatever you are facing, your Advocate is right there beside you.

Be blessed.

Life Adapted said...
This comment has been removed by the author.