Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm Toast

As you all know, I like to make light of the circumstances and situations we find ourselves in. As you also know, I have a serious side when it comes to life lessons from God. This post will have neither. How do you make light of a vice principal who unduly takes away your child's position because a crusty teacher lies? How do you make light of an insurance company who terminates your policy, without notice or justification, while you're passing kidney stones? How do you make light of having a serious allergic reaction to medication that was designed to make you well? How do you make light of a public agency who claims to protect children and places them in a shelter instead of a home? How do you make light of a company that charges way too much for Internet service that was out 2 weeks? How do you make light of crazy people who verbally assault you with no provocation? The short answer is you don't. Whatever lesson God is trying to teach me is, so far, lost on me. I'm sure there is a lesson, but what it is is unbeknownst to me. On the bright side . . . I did spend a few peaceful days at the beach, no sunburn, no jellyfish, no biting flies, no bad weather, a short surprise visit with a friend and some precious time with my family. And a dear, dear friend, reading in between the lines of my last post, reached out to me and made my day. God is good all the time, even when I'm toast.

4 comments:

Parsley said...

Dear..you are simply under attack by an 'opposing spirit'. I don't know why we have to go through times such as this but I do know that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Praying God gives you strength, wisdome, patience, and shows you what you need to see from these battles.

Life Adapted said...

Thank you Parsley. I only wish my thick head would get it immediately so I can move on . . . but some lessons just can't be learned quickly. Peace to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

All I keep seeing every time I read your post is "make light". And every time I read "light" I think of Jesus!! He is the "light" in the darkness:-) He is the "light" in YOU that shines to the rest of your world, no matter what circumstances you are in! I don't believe He wants us to "make" light of our troubles, just to "be" light in the midst of them. And that, dearest friend, I know you can do, because I've seen you do it! You will shine even brighter every time He "polishes" you! Hope that brings a smile to your face. Much love, fp

Life Adapted said...

Thank you dear friend. That's just what I needed to hear! You're the best.

The boy has baseball games everyday for the next 3 days and then playoff's next week. He hit his first homerun yesterday. He catches and pitches (not at the same time) so he is essentially in every play of the game. He loves it. When baseball is over, we'll get the boys (and us!!) together :)

Be blessed.