Saturday, July 10, 2010

A New York Minute, Part I

I must preface this story with this fact. What I was experiencing this day was the beginning of passing my kidney stones. Since I had never passed a kidney stone before I didn't know it. I misread my body symptoms and assumed I was in the throws of a menopausal episode that caused me to have anxiety. Who knew?

The morning that my husband, my daughter and I were heading to NYC to see The 39 Steps began like most mornings. I woke up way too early but was way too tired to get out of bed. So, I began to pray. Meeting with God the first thing in the morning is wonderful. Midway through my conversation with God I started having a hot flash. Only this hot flash lasted a loooooonnnng time. "Great," I thought, "we're heading to New York where it's hot and crowded. Just what I need - menopause!" I got dressed to go - white capri's and sleeveless of course, with a scarf thrown in my bag for the air conditioned theatre - and off we went. I was having one long hot flash that seemed to get worse just as we entered the Lincoln Tunnel. That was when the anxiety set in. I mean we were just about 100 feet under the Hudson River in a tube that's only 13 feet tall and 20 feet wide . . . breathe . . .


To be continued. . .

6 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

This is getting interesting - it is amazing that many times we look back at life's incidence's and find out we went through many with wrong interpretation as life unfolded. You would think we would get better at this - but we still do it. Hugs.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Papa, More times than not I get it wrong. But I'm sure you're right all the time (well, maybe Mama is anyway).

I didn't publish your last comment - you're FRESH! I bet you make Mama blush a lot!

Hugs to you too.
Be blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

LOL !! Mama tries to keep in line - most of the time! Ha! You know she is my buddy! Today was a great day for a spiritual lesson for papa - i was challenged to be "obedient" to God's assignment - and I tried to dodge around it, but He stayed on me and I think I did the right thing. I will find out next week. How ya doing??

Life Adapted said...

Papa, I am better, thank you for asking. Now I'm curious, what did God have you do?? Stay filled with the Holy Spirit and you will be just dandy.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Its kind of a long story - and I can't share on my blog. But when we talk again I would be glad to share.

:)De said...

I have missed your stories and sit with bated breath...

Thank you for your kids words of encouragement. I have been experiencing the "bad mommy blues" lately.