Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dinner Is Served

5:45 p.m. This is what dinner looks like. Spaghetti. Just like grandma makes, or is it...?

5:30 p.m. Dinner is almost ready, this is what it looks like before the red gravy goes on. Spaghetti. Just like grandma makes, or is it...?
4:15 p.m. This will be dinner.

I'm cooking up something, but it ain't grandma's spaghetti. It's spaghetti squash. The dinner plate above contains about 85 calories, 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat.

It was yummy and my Italian food loving husband (the good sport he is) ate it.

Eating better and loving it.

8 comments:

R.M. Jackson said...

Looks delicious!

Of course, I have no idea what a spaghetti squash tastes like... but, hey, it certainly looks deslicious! ;-)

Life Adapted said...

Hi Ruth! No spaghetti squash in your supermarkets? I'll send you one with a recipe if you want. I think it would travel well. You can roast the seeds, too :)

Be blessed and thanks for reading along.

R.M. Jackson said...

I don't think it would make it past customs through the mail... you would have to accompany it. ;-)

I'm positive that it doesn't grow here though, so - if you're sure it can actually grow in warm temps - feel free to send me a packet of seeds with the recipe. :-)

Life Adapted said...

Now, wouldn't you be surprised if I showed up at your door carrying a suitcase in one hand and a spaghetti squash in the other :)

I'll check out the growing conditions and let you know.

Be ever so blessed!

:)De said...

I want to go to Ruth's with you and have spaghetti squash! It is one of our favorites. What is the red sauce? we usually just do salt, pepper, and parmesian.

Life Adapted said...

Hi :)De, Let's GO!! Red gravy is tomatoe sauce or spaghetti sauce. Us Italiano's never call it "sauce" though - it's usually just "gravy" to us. I brushed the squash with olive oil and baked it - I like that better than boiling it. Could you imagine Ruth's face if we showed up in Jamaica with a spaghetti squash?!
Be blessed.

R.M. Jackson said...

When I saw those comments in my inbox, I said... Yes! Plans are afoot!

Welcome in advance.:-)

Life Adapted said...

Ruth and :)De - ROAD TRIP!!!!!

(Can we say Road Trip even though it's over the water?)