Saturday, April 2, 2011

: )

Yesterday we received a social security check in the mail for a friend that we handle the finances for. I called our friend and told him that when I opened the envelope containing his check, I accidentally ripped the check in half. I told him that right on the check it says, "Will not be cashed if torn or taped. No new checks will be issued." I told him that this month's money would be lost. He stammered, he gulped, he said, "Tell me again, what happened." I told him again. He stammered some more and asked, "What am I suppose to do now? How am I going to pay my rent? What am I going to live on?" I said, "I don't know. Maybe you can call Social Security and ask them what to do." He gulped again. I said, "Do you want the number?" He said, "Okay. Let me get something to write on. Hold on." When he got back to the phone I said, "Are you ready for the number now?" He said, "Yeah." I said, "Okay, it's 1-800 . . . April Fools." He stammered, he gulped, he hung up.

9 comments:

:)De said...

oooooooh. Has he called you back yet? You are brave to mess with a man and his money. LOL!

Parsley said...

Oh...now see...that kinda prank would make me 'less than happy'. EEK!

Life Adapted said...

:)De, first, I told my husband and he fell for it, then I told our friend and he fell for it, then our friend told his friend and she fell for it. We're a pretty gullible bunch!

Thanks for reading along!

Be blessed dear one!

Life Adapted said...

Parsley, if you knew the kind of things our friend has scared us with and what he puts us through, you'd be saying, "Is that all you did to him!" LOL

Thanks for reading along!

Be ever so blessed!

Anonymous said...

How about this one? My 14 yr. old (who has been known to get detentions) gets in my car on Friday after school & hands me an envelope. "Sorry, Mom", he says. "I got another detention." Sure enough, there's the familiar form in the envelope, filled out & signed by one of his teachers, for pushing some Kindergarteners, laughing about it, and talking back to the teacher! I'm shocked, of course, because this is WAY beyond anything he's ever done, but it's signed by his teacher! What's a mother to think?? "What is this???" I ask. And what does he reply???? "April Fool's, Mom!!!!"
Wait 'til I see his teacher on Monday.....fp

Life Adapted said...

fp, I'd make him serve the detention ;)

Be blessed dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not it was a she! fp

Life Adapted said...

Haha, I meant I'd make your son serve the detention! LOL!

Indian Lake Papa said...

I knew it! I knew it! You are a real "pain"! That was nasty! You should have gotten a detention!! I would never mess with you like that - heh heh!!