Wednesday, February 6, 2008

About Queens and Witches

I found a note written to me by my daughter. It was from 1998. She was 5. It said, "Mom, I think I will live with you forever." It's funny how shortly after that she's been threatening to leave home and never come back. This is my view of how daughters think of their mothers.
Ask a 5 year old what her mother is like and she'll likely reply, "She's like a Queen. She's knows everything."
Ask a 10 year old what her mother is like and she'll likely reply, "Oh, she's okay. She knows some stuff."
Ask a 15 year old what her mother is like and she'll likely reply. "She's a witch! She doesn't know anything!"
Ask a 20 year old what her mother is like and she'll likely reply, "She's not as dumb as I thought she was."
Ask a 25 year old what her mother is like and prayerfully she'll reply, "She's like a Queen. She knows everything."
I have 3 teenagers, it's amazing how little I know these days. I plan on making T-shirts for them that say, "I don't need to go to college because I know everything." They are not amused, but I am. Blessings to all you mothers out there, we'll be Queens someday again, I promise.

No comments: