Sunday, February 3, 2008

Run for President

Do any of you watch the Presidential debates? Let me tell you something, they are nothing compared to the debates I have with my teenagers! If a teenager could run for the Presidency they would win. Not because they are smarter or better speakers, but because they can talk the white off of rice. Their arguments don't even make any sense. One minute you're telling them to be home by 10 and the next minute they are telling you how when they were 8 you used a whale song tape to torture them when they had insomnia (really, I can't make this stuff up). Now, I'm defending myself, saying, "But honey, you loved whales and it was meant to soothe you to sleep. Wait, what does this have to do with your curfew?" Can't you hear it now, "But Mom, all the other Presidential candidates can stay out till 11! You're so mean! You just don't want me to have any fun. Just because your life is boring, you want my life to be boring too!!" "That's right darling, I want you to be bored. That's why I take you to voice, piano, youth group, friends houses, to plays, to the movies. . .wait, why am I defending myself again. Be home by 10 or you can't run for office and that's final. . .well, 10:30 but not a minute later." I don't know why, but I'd vote for my teens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teenagers may be good at diverting you from the argument, but they have a lot of credible points too.
-your daughter