Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Confess

I have a confession. I ate chocolate today. I know it's not really a sin, but I was trying to fast from chocolate (and coffee, what was I thinking?) until Easter. You know, a Lenten fast to prepare our hearts for the celebration of the resurrection. But here is my justification. Jesus fasted, however, He didn't have coffee or chocolate to tempt Him. I mean, if He did, I know He would have been steadfast in His fast, but really, He's God in the flesh and I'm only human, a mere woman with 3 crazy teenagers and hormone fluctuations that would convince me that Global Warming may just be the concentration of too many peri-menopausal women in one place. The kids drive me to do it, I mean, Jesus didn't have 3 demanding teenagers that act more like little vultures than kids. The kids wait until I'm down and then peck at me until I'm done . . . I'd be almost dead on the ground and they would want me to settle an argument. "Wake up Mom and tell her I'm right and she's wrong!" "Hello, I'm dying here!" They simply don't care. Peck, peck, peck. Well, the last time I was sick, they did get me a card. . . and they did make me some tea . . . and they did argued in whispers . . . all right, I have no excuse. I ate the chocolate and I confess.

2 comments:

:)De said...

Too funny!! So...we start again tomorrow.

Life Adapted said...

Thanks for reading my blog and your encouraging comment. I read your blog and I really liked it. Keep up the good work! Have the kids read any Patricia Reilly Giff - great books for book club discussions. Blessings to you today. ;)