Friday, August 21, 2009

On Nothing

I usually feel the need to write with a purpose - finding some obscure truth in the midst of everyday life or writing a story with a "message." I don't like to waste my words, I do like to use my words effectively and succinctly. With that being said, I must say, I don't have much to say today. We have been away on a family vacation, not a novel idea in the summertime, as we were surrounded by hoards of others who had the same destination in mind. We did, however, thoroughly enjoy the time away from our normal responsibilities at home. It is never my goal to lose weight on vacation, only not to gain weight on vacation. But, when you vacation at Hershey Park in 90+ degree weather and the only place that has air conditioning is Hershey Chocolate World, you must adapt. What's a few pounds anyway? We are home briefly to get our oldest off to college and then off again on another trip - I won't say where just in case you decide it sounds wonderful and end up there, too. Not that I wouldn't love to spend time with most of you who actually read my blog (all 2 of you), just sayin' that we want to get away from the crowds. It is very easy to be distracted by friends and the healthy activities (and some not so healthy activities) of life that you don't spend enough time with family. Fortunately, I really like my family (and chocolate) so being away from the distractions was wonderful. It's all about balance, isn't it? Hmmmm . . . where have I heard that before?

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Please pass the chocolate!!

Parsley said...

Yes, I agree with IL Papa...pass the chocolate.

I understand about wanting to get away from crowds. Extended family sometimes wants to vacation together and I really struggle with that. I like to be on MY schedule, eat where I want to eat and when I want.

Perhaps that's selfish of me. Perhaps that's the way I stay remotely sane. :0)

Life Adapted said...

Papa, I will gladly give you some :)

Parsley, you are not selfish, you are simply wanting to be on vacation when you are on vacation. I love seeing extended family, but afterwards, I sometimes need a vacation. I love "remotely sane" :)

Be blessed.

:)De said...

I like the sound of another vacation. Lately, thinking of vacation has become a new pasttime. Balancing on a teeter totter!