Monday, August 31, 2009

Tell Me Why

Why is it that impressionable teenagers are more impressed with the ill behaved society we live in than with their respectably behaved parents? How come you can say and do 1,000 things right and the 1 thing you do wrong the kids point out? Why is it that it takes years to train a child in the way they should go but it only takes 1 day for them to forget? Why must you repeat the chore list to a teenager 10 times but only tell them once that the phone is for them? Why can't teenagers hear you when you yell at them but can hear you if you whisper their name to your spouse in your bedroom with the doors closed? How come teenagers are too tired to walk the dog but not too tired to walk in the mall? Why is it that teenagers can text, listen to music and walk but they can't follow a simple 2 part instruction? Why is it that teenagers think they know everything until you ask them where the remote is? How can teenagers remember when and where to meet their friends but not remember to take out the garbage? And last but not least, tell me why I love them so much?

3 comments:

Parsley said...

If I knew those answers, I would have had an easier day. Agh, it's hard sometimes.

your daughter said...

I for one can't text, listen to music, and walk at the same time... at least not without walking into something. But I'm assuming you're not talking about me anyway- I'm practically not a teenager anymore (well, two months).

p.s. you should try picking up the phone sometime... :-)

Life Adapted said...

heehee - you still try to do all those things, that's why you're covered in black and blue.

Did you try calling me? If I was here I would have picked it up.

<3