Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On Strawberries and such


My last strawberry of the year got too close to the hot chili peppers and took on some of it's characteristics. Hence the warning from Paul to the Corinthians, "Bad company corrupts good character." I will miss my strawberry patch (like one may miss a toothache - jk). I learned a lot from that bunch. I learned that the sun and the rain can make you sweet. I learned that giving is better than receiving. I learned that if you let them, the weeds will crop up and choke you. I learned that keeping close to those you want to be like is much better than associating with those you don't want to be like. And finally, I learned if you are going to associate with a bunch of hot chili peppers, you must be a very strong little strawberry. And if you haven't yet noticed, I love metaphors. . .


3 comments:

Parsley said...

Who would have thought! Great metaphors. God has a way of teaching us many lessons via nature.

R.M. Jackson said...

All very true. Now you know why I keep coming back... I like to be in good company. ;)

Blessings,
Ruth

Life Adapted said...

Parsley, I agree that God uses all things to teach us lessons. I love God and His glorious creation!

Ruth, awwwwww, thank you. :)