Saturday, August 29, 2009

We're Back

We just got back from a very nice trip to Niagara Falls and Watkins Glen. We had a lovely time living life at a different pace. One of the things I like about vacations is that you become kind of anonymous. Not that I don't love my friends and love my "at home" commitments, it's just that it's nice not being needed so much. I can go to the store and to restaurants and window shopping and nobody knows me. Nobody stops me to ask me about how this one is or that one is. And nobody at home expects anything from me. It's like, "Oh, don't bother her with that stuff right now she's on vacation." Nobody expected me to check emails or return phone calls or make plans for September. It was really nice. Though a rather large man did stop me and my daughter to ask us what we thought of NJ politics because he heard me say I was from NJ. I felt he had an unhealthy interest in politics and told him that he needed to trust God to take care of His children, no matter who was in charge of our Nation. I said that he needed to trust God more and man less. But other than that, no one else even wanted my opinion . . . and I rather liked that for a change.

3 comments:

:)De said...

Welcome back!

Parsley said...

Would love some vacation tips for that area. Welcome home.

Life Adapted said...

Thanks :)De!

Parsley, we loved the Harbor Inn at Watkins Glen. It was a bit pricey but we decided to treat ourselves. The hike at the gorge in Watkins Glen was amazing! 835 steps up and each one with a beautiful view. Also, the Corning Museum of Glass was fabulous. If you're ever going there, let me know :)