Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cupid's Arrow

I know, Valentine's Day is a corny little holiday with history in horrible pagan rituals. But, I love Valentine's Day. And there are some sweet stories about the lengths people have gone through to declare their love to that someone special and I'm a sap - what can I say? My husband took me to see my favorite performer last night for Valentine's Day. We saw Michael Amante. He sings Italian Opera. It was a wonderful concert! My husband gets double the points because 1. he got us 5th row seats, 2. even though he wanted to go out to dinner he agreed to have dinner at home so we could eat with the kids, 3. he complimented my one nice outfit that I wear whenever we go out, 4. he bought me a Bailey's Irish Cream at intermission and when I only took 3 little sips of the $7.00 drink, he only smiled when I had to throw it away before we could see the second half of the concert, and 5. because he's an all-around nice guy. I know what some of you are thinking. Y'all thinking, I should give my husband 5 times the points, not just double. But Cupid hit me in the heart with that arrow, not the head! Happy Valentine's Day dear ones!

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I just wanted you to know that I loved your comment on "Season's of My Mind" blog. I think we are two peas in a pod!

BTW, I love anything by Francine Rivers, too! Did you know she is finally coming out with a two part novel in March? I have it ordered and I can't wait to read it!

Life Adapted said...

Hi Stacie, Thank you so much. You are very sweet. I checked out your blog and I will leave you a comment when I have some more time to read your older posts. Sure does sound like we have a lot in common. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

i genuinely love your own posting kind, very charming,
don't quit as well as keep creating because it just simply nicely to look through it.
impatient to look over a whole lot more of your own content articles, have a pleasant day ;)