Monday, February 1, 2010

New Boots For The Queen, From The King Of Kings


This is really the truth. I don't make this stuff up. My daughter, the queen of purple, got boots from God, the King of Kings. This is how it happened. When I got home from the dentist who found boots on-line for my daughter, I was happily willing to spend the $100 + for her new boots. She said, "Mom, it goes against my principles to spend that much money on boots." I said, "I get you one nice thing a year, I want you to have them." She said, "No thank you." We decided we would look at discount stores and see what was left on the shelves. In the meantime, I got an email from a friend that said she had boots for anyone who wanted them. They are free. The email said they are a size 9, purple swede ankle boots - first come first serve. I called my friend and asked, "Am I first?'' Much to my delight, I was. I met her in town and she gave me the boots. I asked, "Where did you get them?" She said her son, who is a roofer, was working on a building and he found these boots, brand new with tags and all, on the roof. I said, "As if they dropped out of the sky from Heaven." "Yes," she said, "a gift from God." And this is the best part - they fit the queen, I mean, my daughter like a glove and she loves them. But who wouldn't love purple boots from God?

10 comments:

Parsley said...

What a fun story. God is so good! I'm smiling!

:)De said...

How cute! Of course God is a purple-boot-giving-Awesome-God!

Peace

Life Adapted said...

Thanks ladies! I say Amen to Matthew 6:25-34. We don't need to worry about anything because God will even give us boots!

Be blessed!

Kathryn said...

Love this! What an amazing God we have who can show himself in such special ways. All you can say is "wow" sometimes. :-)

Kristin said...

So cute, the only thing better than new boots, is FREE new boots. WOOOHOO!! Score!

Life Adapted said...

Thanks Kathryn and Kristin for your encouragement!

Be blessed.

Shanti said...

Hi! I love this story. I was referred to your blog from :)De. I wanted to tell you it's been such a blessing to read your entries on homeschooling. I just started homeschooling about a week and a half ago, so I'm brand new to it. I just love reading people's success stories and experiences with teaching their own kiddos!
Thanks again for sharing, and it's nice to "meet" you!
~Shanti

Kathryn said...

Hope you checked out Kristin...you might be surprised who she is. :-)

Life Adapted said...

Hi Kathryn, thanks - now I'm nervous :)

Kathryn said...

Don't you dare be nervous. She's just as normal as you and me. I promise. :-) Keep writing. I love reading all your posts! :-)