Friday, February 12, 2010

A Lesson Learned . . . The Hard Way, Part II

My son has an iron stomach. That boy can eat! He'll try anything. He even ate a cat treat once. It was one of the ones that is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was gross and he and his friend looked a little green afterwards. This particular day, the day my son learned a lesson, was a typical day; studies, snack food, more studies, lunch, more studies, more snack food, sports, dinner and more snack food. We all went to bed satisfied in the day's work, play and food. Sometime after midnight I heard some noise in the bathroom. I got up to see my son with that same green look on his face like after he ate the cat treat. I said, "Son, have you been eating cat treats? Are you okay?" "No mom, I think I'm going to be sick." I grabbed a towel and some Clorox wipes and sat on the tub while he hung his head over the toilet. As he vomited the day's food, I began to pray. "Oh Lord, how great You are! Our bodies are wonderfully and fearfully made. Thank you that my son is getting rid of the poison in his body. Thank you for creating us in a way that we vomit the germs out of our system . . . (you get the idea)." My son looked up at me with his body still leaning over the toilet bowl and said, very slowly, "Mom, . . . do . . . you . . . MIND?!" "Sheesh," I said, "I was just trying to help. And by the way, try chewing your food next time, that is some chunky vomit." He continued to hurl for about an hour, got rid of all the germs and woke up in the morning hungry. I ask you, "How great is our God?!"

6 comments:

Parsley said...

I just read this out loud to my daughter and she's laughing her head off. I hope she and her girlfriends don't eat DOG treats tonight. I WILL NOT hold their hair if they vomit!

Life Adapted said...

Hi Parsley - LOL! My son was not as amused as your daughter was. Also, my daughters scolded me for talking about vomit on my blog. They said it was "inappropriate." Ha! It is never inappropriate to praise God, no matter what it's about!
Be blessed dear one!

:)De said...

I love that about you... praising God through the vomit. Great story! LOL!!

Peace

R.M. Jackson said...

Vomit happens to sound much nicer than hurl to my Jamaican ears...LOL! How absolutely amazing is our God indeed!

Thanks for dropping by. :) We serve an awesome God.

Indian Lake Papa said...

I think I am going to barf!!

Life Adapted said...

Thanks for the support dear ones! I am happy to have friends who share the knowledge of our great and amazing God. Praises to the King of Kings!