Monday, February 22, 2010

Is It A Sin To Kill A Bug In Heaven?

I am a very peaceful person. That is why I was trying to peacefully co-exist with the stink bugs. But that was before I learned a little known fact about them. It's not that they stink when you kill them, but God knows they do. It's not that they fly into my food sometimes (I confessed the first time that happened . . .). It's not even that one landed in the lap of a lady who was attending my little Bible study. It's the fact that they reproduce like crazy! One stink bug lays 30 eggs! I stopped worrying about them for a short while and now my house is invaded! That's what happens, you give a stinker an inch and they take the house! I was okay with a few of those buggers in my front hall and some buzzing around the kitchen sink (I wash them down the drain but in half an hour they come crawling back up!), but not in the whole house. I'm done, or should I say they're done! I flush them down the toilet while humming taps in my head. I don't know if God will see fit to have stink bugs in Heaven, but I won't co-exist with them on Earth anymore. Maybe in Heaven God will give them a sweet aroma when you kill them and rename them perfume bugs. I wonder, is it a sin to kill a bug in Heaven?

6 comments:

Parsley said...

You are so funny but perhaps without realizing it, you've actually brought up some deep thoughts in me.

Really, I've never felt completely comfortable with killing anything. I guess when I go OUT into the world I leave the buggies alone. Once they come into MY world, I squish them.

What about furry critters like mice? Do we take their lives when they become pests but feed them when they are pets?

What about our dogs and cats? Should we not end their suffering even if we weren't their life giver?

Then relate the question to people. We'd say 'NO'.

I told you. Something I've pondered many times. Sorry to be a downer!

Life Adapted said...

Parsley, that is food for thought. When does a mouse go from being cute to being a pest? Or a cat, dog, human being? Why do we feel like we can destroy pests (hence, pest control)? I call my son a pest sometimes, but I would never kill him (well, not literally, not yet anyway).

And you're not a downer!! I invite your comments!

:)De said...

I like to apply the "Dominion" clause when it comes to bugs, rodients, and the Mephitidae family that involves skunks that spray my window air conditioner units all summer long.

but other than that....

Peace! LOL!

Life Adapted said...

:)De, some people have skunks as pets. But an anagram for pets is pest. I'd set a trap for a skunk who was stinking up my a/c . . . I wonder, do skunks eat stink bugs?

Be blessed dear one.

Indian Lake Papa said...

You and Parsley need to see my video clip a few days old on my blog about the mouse. You need to trust me on this one - be sure to watch it to the end.

LA i do not let any bugs bug me, none.

Indian Lake Papa said...

LOL !! I see you and Parsley did see my mouse clip - sorry - my memory is going! HA!