Saturday, March 6, 2010

B4 U Hit Send

Well, if you saw my last post you saw a picture of my new phone. This is the first upgrade to our cell phone service since 2001. Our old cell phone, which I shared with my husband, was big, with big buttons and no texting capabilities. It had an antenna, great reception and easy to navigate tools. I got my new phone (my own, but not really because even though I don't share with my husband anymore, I share this one with my son - but whatever) and quickly learned how to use it. I have texted my daughter at college with the appropriate emoticons, I have texted a picture of my omelet to my daughter while she was in study hall at school, I have texted my son's "friend" to ask her when she was getting picked up (hint-hint) while I was upstairs and they were downstairs. I have texted all my way cool young friends sending them quirky messages in "textease." Yes, folks, this dinosaur with big thumbs mastered the art of "communicating" through texting. I have also mastered the art of rude. I answered my phone right in the middle of Bible study, I interrupted my husband to receive and then send a text, I even texted at the dinner table. I was tempted, but refrained from viewing the beeping, vibrating device in my pocket while I was driving. Today, I am sending out a mass text which reads: "Peeps, I am 2 busy 2 txt u anymore. Pls b sure u rly have something important 2 say b4 u txt me :D"
U c, I am so cool, I dont need 2 txt anymore :-)

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Girl, u so wit it.

:)De said...

Ha ha! B 4 U stop txting...HAGD!

Life Adapted said...

Okay, ladies, I am cleaning this one up - LMHO!

Bbdo!

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was cool. Guess not... I have no idea what 1/2 of your "textease" means. Girl, you learn fast. I remember your dinosaur phone and secretly thought that might be the cause of your back problems! Love you... and you continue to inspire me.....I'm Praxis testing on Sat, and then again in April and then maybe again....please pray for me to have "testease"
Miss you, will touch base next week.Love, J

Indian Lake Papa said...

I hve k clue! Hve a good day!