Sunday, March 14, 2010

That's The Kind Of Guy He Is

Today I fought with my husband. Not in private like most couples do. No, we fought in the busiest place in our county, the new Shop Rite. Yes, folks, it was a sight and unfortunately most of the county saw us. It started out as an "adventure." I said to my husband this morning, "hey, you wanna go to the new Shop Rite with me today, it'll be an adventure." He gave me a look that said, "I know you and shopping is never fun with you and I hate Shop Rite and you know that I vowed never to go there." But he said, "Sure" (because that's the kind of guy he is). We got there and the parking lot was packed. We walked inside and the store was packed. The floors are hard and cold. The aisles are narrow and long. The ceilings are high and sounds echo. He said something and I heard, "mumble mumble, mumble mumble, mumble mumble." I said, "WHAT?" He said it again and again and again. Finally, I went over and shouted, "I can't hear you!" He said, "Never mind, it's not funny anymore." He stopped to look at gummy bears and I lost him. He stopped again, this time to look at videos and I lost him. When I found him I yelled at him. While I was yelling at him some old lady stood there just looking at me. I glared at her and thought, "Take a picture why don't you!" She said, "Excuse me, but you're standing in front of my cart." I stepped out of the way, turned to my husband and said, "We need to go back to aisle 1, I just put about $10.00 of groceries in her cart." And just like that, the fight was over (because that's the kind of guy he is).

3 comments:

:)De said...

LOL! again... Crowded stores = reason #3897 that I hate shopping.

Peace

Shanti said...

ha! this made me crack up! funny, and i could totally see myself putting my stuff in someone else's cart...

Robin said...

Hilarious - I loved the sentence about needing to go back to aisle 1 - haha