Thursday, March 18, 2010

Short Accounts

I have a sweet friend who called me today with a concern that she had gossiped about a woman who is hurting. The thing is that I don't even recall the conversation (yay for peri-menopause!). She had it on her heart to apologize for the offense (one sentence), so she called me and confessed. She felt that instead of saying something that was negative, she should have said something positive. I was so touched by her sensitivity! I love having a friend that feels bad if she (not even on purpose) says something less than encouraging about her friends. Here is the irony (and I have to say that I love how God works) if I ever meet the "offended" woman (and if I even remember this conversation beyond tomorrow) my heart will be so tender toward her because instead of the negative comment (which I don't recall), I will forever remember that she is hurting. It's such a reminder to me that everybody we meet has a story to tell. I haven't met a person yet that has escaped life without a few painful bumps. Plus, my friend may have felt I'd think poorly of her because of her comment, however, I think more highly of her than ever because of her sensitive nature. It's what makes her so special to me. I applaud her for short account with God, her courage for calling me and her love of others . . . I applaud me for picking her as a friend (yay me!). . . and I applaud God for the irony of it all.

3 comments:

Parsley said...

You're awesome...did you know that? :-)

:)De said...

It is good to keep our accounts short to keeps the wall of separation at bay.

Yeah, green smoothies... the children laughed and sang with joy. Me, not so much.

Peace

:)De said...

Unrelated to the post... In Pre-k we are studying about eyes in science and reading a book called, "Morris and Buddy; The Story of the First Seeing Eye Dog" by Becky Hall. In the story it mentions the Seeing Eye institute in Morristown, New Jersey and I used your blog to show him pictures of some of the dogs that had been trained to help. Thanks for being our special guest speaker today! LOL!