Thursday, April 15, 2010

It Began With A Broom

It all began innocently enough. I grabbed the broom and began to sweep a corner of the garage. I pushed aside an old vacuum cleaner so I could sweep under it and I saw what junk it was and I didn't want to put it back, so I grabbed a big garbage bag and put the vacuum cleaner in it. I had space left in the bag and thought it a waste not to fill the bag with other junk so I pulled other stuff out to be thrown away. But then the bag began to overflow and I needed to get another bag. The second bag was only half full when I was finished with that corner so I decided to sweep another part of the garage. I swept under a shelf that needed organizing and noticed items we had since 1988 and I easily filled up bag #2. My third bag got filled up in blink, as did bag #4, 5 and 6. After bag #8 or maybe it was 9, my foot began to hurt. Just about that time my husband pulled into the driveway. I limped over to him and said, "My foot hurts, 'feet hurt'." He said, "Don't you 'feet hurt' me! Are you cookoo?!" I ignored him and asked sweetly, "Do you think you can take this stuff to the dump?" Which he did, all 480 pounds of it! When he got back I had 3 more bags and a severely sore foot. He took away my broom and my garbage bags and didn't call me 'feet hurt' for days : ( But, alas, yesterday was our anniversary, and he is the one who is cookoo because for 26 years he's been married to me. He wrote on my anniversary card, "For My Feet Hurt." : )

2 comments:

Parsley said...

Happy Anniversary!!

:)De said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!! Hope you had a great day.

Peace