Friday, April 2, 2010

Praise The Lord

I am getting so sick and tired of hearing women complain about motherhood. There are new books published each day on the subject of motherhood and stay-at-home moms. Each is said to be written with wit and humor, but instead most are written with a negative spin about moms being the "victim" because no one ever told them how hard it is. Wawawa, call the wambulance! There are movies on the topic as well, with beautiful, witty and hostile mothers who are striving to feel worth in their chaotic life. I want to shout from the roof tops and slap these ladies upside their heads (okay, I do understand that some of these emotions may be the result of unstable hormones brought on by menopause . . . but now I digress). Stop complaining ladies and start praising God for your blessings. Repeat after me. "Thank you God for the miracle of life and my beautiful child(ren). Thank you for this kitchen and bathroom that I must clean and this home that shelters us. Thank you for dollar store goodie bag items. Thank you for my vacuum cleaner that vacuums up dollar store goodie bag items. Thank you for the food that I put on the table each day. Thank you that I have able hands and feet to serve this food to my family. Thank you Lord for the blessings that are abounding in my life." When you start praising God for each of your blessings you will see that there is no time for complaining because we could praise God all day long. That's it for now for this rant, I must go yell at blessing number 3 to get off the phone . . .

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Yay! I finally found someone else with the same outlook on motherhood!