Sunday, April 25, 2010

Focus On The Positive

The kiddie train must have been full (likely with other moms who didn't want to ride the roller coaster anymore) because I was definitely not riding along smoothly this week. However, I did have some wonderful experiences this week and in an attempt to focus on the positive, as I so often demand my family, I will tell you about them. Our family, all 5 of us, had a lovely dinner at Chili's - good food, good value, great company. My daughter got into a very hard to get into program at the college we visited. My daughter is ranked in the top 10 seniors of her graduating class. My ladies Bible study iced and decorated cupcakes for a soup kitchen. That was all good except for when the icing bag exploded . . . 3 times. I walked 5 times with my neighbor, averaging 2 miles each walk and I know this because my pedometer has decided to behave. As a result of the walking and eating better I lost 3 pounds (I know it's not a lot, but we're focusing on the positive). I finally found a pair of Sketcher sandals to replace the ones Bart ate and bought them in a whole size smaller than I usually wear. I told my daughter that the 3 pounds I lost must have all been in my feet. And finally, our son (who was just nominated for National Honor Society) made our family breakfast yesterday morning. Scrambled eggs, home-made pancakes, sausage, oranges and hot tea. It doesn't get much better than that!

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Sounds like you had a busy time.

daughter #1 said...

Why am I not included in this post? I cut the oranges.

I know- it's because you actually want comments on this one . . .

:-)

:)De said...

Congrats to all of you for your accomplishments. Next time, have your son e-mail me some breakfast ~wink~

Peace

Life Adapted said...

Daughter #1 - you are mentioned, I said all 5 of us (you are one of the five:) ) And yes, thanks for cutting the oranges, without that, breakfast would not have been the complete meal it was. As for your silly complex, my friends love you and tell me all the time, just not in print, on my blog.

Have a great day! Mom

Shanti said...

Busy, busy! Congrats to your daughter!