Monday, April 19, 2010

Life Adapted

Our anniversary week was like a roller coaster, much like our life . . . It began fine, meeting with friends, who live far away, at an Arby's. We moved 6 tables together, fought about who would pay (we snuck two 20 dollar bills in our friend's purse when she wasn't looking - heehee), decorated the tables with flowers that were given as gifts, ate and sat for hours. Every one of us left beaming with delight. The next day we said good-bye to a lovely couple and their daughter who sold all their possessions to move to an over-crowded island for mission work. The next day I went to my son's baseball game - they lost . . . bad. The next day I had invited an old friend to lunch, but forgot and when she knocked on the door, which I answered in my sweats, all I had to offer was a bunch of rotten bananas. I made banana muffins, which I served with butter, tea served with honey and a small fruit salad of apples and grapes. We talked and laughed for about 2 hours until we noticed how sick the cat was looking. She left, I called my daughter at college (it's her cat) and she came home to say good-bye to Kate. Kate died during the night. On our anniversary morning I asked my husband to bury Kate next to the flower garden. He said, "Sure." I went out to say good-bye to Kate and realized my husband thought I said, "Bury Kate IN the flower garden." The next day I hopped on a plane to look at a college with my daughter in Florida, which is pretty far from NJ. Let's see, we got lost, but found our way, loved the college which causes me distress, visited a friend, went to the beach only to find it full of Man-O-Wars, said good-bye to my friend and then flew home. It's now a new week and hopefully instead of a roller coaster, I can ride on the little kiddie train . . .

2 comments:

Shanti said...

Wow! I would say that's pretty much the definition of a roller coaster!

:)De said...

Whew!!! I'm tired for you. So sorry about your (Your daughter's) cat.