Monday, November 29, 2010

My Favorite Things - Part III

. . . I have to admit that when I started writing My Favorite Things, I didn't know where it would end. It's like that with most things I write about. I start with an idea or in this case, an irritation, and then I quickly type out my thoughts. I pause, pray for words and do a quick re-write. If it is entertaining or meaningful in any way, it's because God heard and answered my prayers. I prayed about what my favorite things really, truly were. I came up with some very poetic things to say but realized I was trying so hard to be poetic and deep that I wasn't being quite authentic. When it came right down to it, my favorite things surprised me. And even a bigger surprise to me was that I wasn't lying when I claimed to not love possessions. My favorite thing ever . . . much to my own surprise . . . is to . . . travel with my family. Yes, Miss Travel Anxiety USA has at the top of her list, travel. Yellowstone, San Francisco, Pacifica, Monteray, Great Falls, WallaWalla, West Palm Beach, Laguna and Mt. Rushmore are the top things that I carry around in my heart as my favorite things. As I say each city I can picture in my minds eye, me and my family in that city, laughing, pointing, sitting, eating . . . living life in abundance . . . enjoying the mountains or ocean, the sunrise or the sunset, the desert or the forest. Life is indeed good. If you bothered to count, you'd see I named only 9 cities. I reserved the last thing on my list of 10 favorite things as a new purple dress. I love that dress, but even more, I love the ladies who loved me enough to tell me I needed a new dress and then took me shopping to find one. Thanks gals.

No comments: