Tuesday, May 27, 2008

For My Little Brother

Even though you are my little brother, you have a bigger house, a bigger car, a bigger pool (wait, I don't even have a little pool), a bigger bathroom, a bigger pantry (wait, I don't have one of those either), a bigger kitchen (that's just not cool......), a bigger bedroom, back yard, garden, porch............... but what's really bigger is your heart. Your capacity to love is bigger than all your big stuff and that's why I am proud to be your big sister. In fact, my heart aches with pride. I know in this heart of mine that, in a heart-beat, you'd give up all your big stuff for just a little better health.

Our little visit with you gave us such a big kick. It was the highlight of our trip. But remember, I am still the BIG sister and I get to sit by the window, go to bed later, get the bathroom first and ride in the trunk if I want to (why I ever wanted to is beyond me.....................)

Love you bro, get better............

6 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Family is so important - I will pray for the little brother - and the big sister!

Life Adapted said...

Thank you and bless you Papa.

:)De said...

Welcome back! glad you had a nice visit with your brother. I too have a younger brother who has what seems to be some of my wishes (boy what I would do for my own bathroom!) But I am so blessed in a "non-things" way. God is so very good to me, I thank Him for the "things" I have: patience, the ability to laugh at my children and patience (had to mention that one again, especially today:)

Welcome home.
:)De

Robin said...

Your love of your brother is evident! You always inspire!

Anonymous said...

Wait....you wanted to ride in the trunk?? I knew you were unique!
You must just love the trunk of my new white car (a blessing and a long story)
I was just told it was a "mafia trunk" - it's really, really large.....

My prayers are with Chet. Earthyly "Stuff" doesn't buy health or happiness, or even safety. Jesus is the only thing that can cure all those things. Praying Jesus' power in Chet and you today.....JH

Life Adapted said...

Hi J, Couldn't you see kids fighting to be the one to ride the trunk of your new car??

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement. My brother is back in the hospital and he needs the love of Christ.
Bless you dear friend.