Thursday, May 29, 2008

5 Kind Things...

I was "tagged" by Robin and asked to answer these questions.

5 kind things I have done for strangers:
1. I once helped an old man find his teeth in the garbage at Burger King.
2. I once gave a drifter my coffee and bagel.
3. I once visited a sick woman in a local nursing home - for a year - she was no longer a stranger.
4. I cook a feast for the homeless at least once a month.
5. I once invited an orphan to spend Christmas with us - that was 22 years ago - he still spends Christmas with us, and Easter, and Thanksgiving, and New Years........................

5 kind things I do for my closest friend, partner or child:
1. I once helped my daughter find her retainer in the garbage at Wendy's.
2. I once gave my friend my coffee and bagel.
3. I once stayed with my friend through her illness.
4. I cook a feast for my family at least once a week.
5. I invite family and friends over for Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Years..........

5 kind things I do for myself:
1. I ask for help finding lost things.
2. I accept coffee and bagels from others.
3. I let people visit me when I'm sick.
4. I allow others to cook a feast for me.
5. I accept holiday invitations.

5 things I do for fun:
1. I spend time with my husband.
2. I spend time with my Lord.
3. I spend time with my friends.
4. I spend time with my kids.
5. I spend time blogging about the time I spend with my husband, friends, kids and Jesus :)

Do you see a theme??

And that is all she wrote..............................

:)De, Indian Lake Papa, and Alicia, "Tag, you're it!"

8 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Thanks LA - I will think about it. :o)

Robin said...

I love your list! Yes, I caught the theme! I like how you are kind to people whether you know them or not and that you basically would do just about anything for anyone in need! Jesus smiles! Anyone who knows you is certainly blessed! Seems you spend a lot of time at dumpsters looking for dental appliances :) I once lost my retainer and that was all she wrote...

Life Adapted said...

Papa, I look forward to your answers;)

Robin, I smile and laugh at your comments. . .you have become such a welcomed blessing to my life - thank you. I wish I had known you when you lost your retainer, I bet I would have found it! I made my kids get their retainers in neon, glow-in-the-dark colors, they are much easier to spot :)

:)De said...

I am just slightly embarrased about the reality t.v. thing, but they say the first step is admitting that there is a problem LOL
:)De

Life Adapted said...

De, You crack me up!

Robin said...

From your experience, I know you would have found my lost retainer :)

I really enjoy your blog and all your great stories! You enrich by sharing! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

6. You stayed with your friend during the most terrifying and bizarre day of her life. And you helped her think straight during it. God provides the right friends at the right times......:)

Life Adapted said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. . .but even if I remembered, the list was only to 5 ;)

I know you'd do the same for me :)