Saturday, May 10, 2008

My 10 Favorite Words - for now anyway.........

rara avis - rare bird - I have at least 3 friends who are rare birds :)
camarilla - a secretly scheming group - or more commonly known as the "in-laws"
pugnacious - quarrelsome - hello. . . teenagers
ebullient - high-spirited excitement - my Bible study
feckless - feeble, irresponsible, dispirited - I used this word to describe the actions of a local high school principal in a letter to him, no doubt he needed to look it up.
symbiosis - love this whole concept of one form needing another - I use it to describe friends and family
scintilla - a tiny amount - sorry kids, it's the amount of common sense you've been displaying
titivate - smarten up - hello. . .teenagers
logorrhea - too much talking -hello . . . teenagers
flibbertigibbet - a silly talkative scatter-brain person - that would be me...............and most peri-menopausal women ;)

Peace

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

My favorite is "James-Baby" - what mama calls me when she is pleased and is seeing me after an absence of 5 minutes or more!

Life Adapted said...

Papa - Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:)De said...

Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!
:)De

Life Adapted said...

Thanks De! Be blessed.