Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You all know about my New Year's Resolutions, 'balance and boundaries' - 'healing and harmony' - 'rest and renew' (I'm so amused by my alliterations) and how I try to apply this to all things including eating. So, I go to this butcher for my chicken. This chicken comes from Montana, it's free-range, antibiotic and hormone free, fresh chicken meat (one day this chicken is pecking it's organic food on the ground and the next day it's in my refrigerator). Lean protein at it's best. I marinated this chicken for 5 hours in a lemon pepper marinade, grilled it to perfection, served it with baked potatoes, fresh baby carrots, green salad with mandarin oranges from Spain . . . a perfectly balanced meal, served in harmony. I prayed before we ate, "Lord, thank you for today and the blessings of our food that I grilled to perfection (jk) . . . bless this food unto our bodies so that we may be healed and renewed and balanced (jk) . . . a simple grace was said and then I noticed something that so disturbed my sense of harmony and balance and rest . . . I could barely eat for the total unrest in my spirit (but eat I did) . . . my daughter poured ketchup all over that chicken!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

11 comments:

Robin said...

I understand your agony... My daughter is also famous for ketchup use and my husband uses - aughhh Mayo

Indian Lake Papa said...

I love Ketchup! Please pass the chicken!! Actually - I don't put it on chicken. Is there some profound spiritual application here ?? :o)

Life Adapted said...

Robin - I am convinced my children have 12 tastebuds between them!! Have you ever read "Bread and Jam For Frances"? I read that hundreds of times when my kids were little, I think I'll bring it out again.

Papa - Are you saying I smear ketchup all over the things God serves me??

Indian Lake Papa said...

Hi LA! I am trying to make a spiritual app out of this! ha! Maybe its that God has our life plan for us but at times we miss the the best because we think its better w/ketchup! But we keep right on and He gets us straightened out later! :o) (Big Smile)

Life Adapted said...

Papa, I know what you mean, God gives us all these beautiful gifts and blessings and by the time we "add ketchup" to them, they are barely recognizable. We should love and appreciate what our Father serves to us, just the way they are. Thanks for the spiritual application ;)
Be blessed.

Robin said...

I will have to check that book out - I'm sure my library has it.

I like the application :) I always try to find them :)

Life Adapted said...

Robin, The author is Russell Hoban and each of his books about Frances are written in a loving, fun spirit. I know you'll enjoy them. Frances always reminded us of our oldest daughter. I love how you and Papa challenge me to seek the spiritual application . . .God can use everything . . . He is an awesome God we serve. Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

I know how a jam jar feels--full of jam.

Robin said...

I posted the quick version of my 20 years of back issues...

Life Adapted said...

Hi Jerri, Welcome to my blog. I see you know Frances. . .it was as if Russell Hoban was secretly taking notes on our family life and turning them into books. Be blessed.

Life Adapted said...

Robin, see my comments on your post. Be blessed.